Permit-Free Citywide Garage Sale, Thursday through Sunday, May 20 - 23
The City of Roeland Park will host a Permit-Free Neighborhood Garage Sale the Weekend of May 20 - 23. Roeland Park residents can host yard and garage sales all weekend without needing a permit.
Roeland Park City Wide Permit-Free Garage Sale Event Map Sign Up. If you plan to have a garage sale and would like to be included on a garage sale map, please provide your address by May 12. The City will create a map that lists the locations of neighbors hosting a sale during the Roeland Park City Wide Permit-Free Garage Sale Event May 20-23. Note, you do not have to be included on the map if you plan to have a garage sale, but the City hopes this map will serve as a guide for shoppers. Sign Up here!
Residents and/or shoppers who are sick, have any COVID-19 symptoms and/or are awaiting test results should abstain from this event. Everyone in attendance should wear a face mask, practice social-distancing and wash hands frequently. We have developed some safety tips and best-practices to help create a safer experience for all.
For garage sale hosts:
- Encourage social distancing by placing tables/chairs 6 feet apart, create a flow for customers to follow with signage, create a payment line that allows for 6 feet of space between people and limit crowds as needed.
- Space out merchandise and arrange it so it can be seen e.g. don’t use boxes full of items and hang shirts rather than folding them, etc.
- Clean all tables and chairs several times throughout the day as well as that start of each day.
- Make sure all merchandise is cleaned with a disinfectant product before placing it for sale.
- Wear face masks at all times during the sale.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Have hand sanitizer available for customers to use.
- Create a touchless payment system through the use of Venmo, Paypal, etc. Consider having a cash box that customers can place exact change into.
For garage sale customers:
- Wash and disinfect hands frequently.
- Wear a face mask.
- Have exact change or use a touch-less payment system to limit the amount of items you are touching.
- If the sale is crowded, please wait until others leave to shop.
If you have any questions, please call City Hall at 913-722-2600.